Memorial Day Weekend
May 25-29, 2017
63rd Annual ACD Eastern Spring Meet “Explore Northeast Ohio” May 25-29, 2017
Please join us for the 63nd Annual Eastern Spring Meet in Northeast Ohio. Some of the exciting things that we will be doing include:
- Visit to Harwood Motors showroom in Macedonia, OH which includes antiques and Classics to '50s fins to potent muscle cars. We will have a continental breakfast and meet-up with some of the Ohio Region CCCA members. Harwood Motors is owned by Matt Harwood (Director of OCCCA and Editor of Northern Lights Magazine and Melanie Harwood (Stan Hywet Coordinator and OCCCA Registrar, Public Relations)
- Visiting Holden Arboretum in Kirtland, OH which includes a canopy walk and the Kirtland Temple, first temple built in the 1830’s by Joseph Smith (Latter Day Saints) and his followers
- Touring the National Packard Museum in Warren, OH, birthplace of the Packard! We will also be there on the last day of the 17th Annual Antique Motorcycle Exhibit
- Driving through Amish country and stopping at End of the Commons General Store in Mesopotamia, OH
- Visiting the Western Reserve Historical Society’s Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum in Cleveland Heights which includes a ride on the lovingly restored Euclid Beach carousel
- ouring The James A. Garfield National Historic Site operated by the National Park Service in Mentor, OH and yes you can get a stamp in your “NPS Passport” (By the way, Mentor is where Holly grew-up)
- A drive through Lake View Cemetery where President James A Garfield, John Rockefeller, and other local and national notables are buried
This is a casual meet – there will be no formal dress up events, but on Sunday feel free to dress in vintage clothing for the day if you so choose.
The Meet Judging will be late afternoon Saturday at our hotel.
Our host hotel is the Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon located in Solon off Route 43, close to I-271 and the Ohio Turnpike.
Check-in will be at the hotel starting Thursday around 3PM and there will be lots of parking for cars and trailers. Unfortunately this hotel is not pet friendly.
The hospitality suite will be open each late afternoon / evening for catching up with friends. We will have plenty of time to relax and enjoy each other’s company during the weekend and we hope that you will join us for some good ACD fun.
Lunches will be planned for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and the ACD 63rd Eastern Spring Meet Banquet will be on Sunday evening. And breakfast is included in your reservation.
Dinner on Thursday, Friday & Saturday are own your own and we will have a list of local restaurants for you to choose from.
Hope to see all you ACDers in Solon as we “Explore Northeast Ohio” in May 2017!!!