Skip to main content

Heater

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
27 Jan 2017 03:13 #32377 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Heater
This is the appropriate Tropic Air Heater for 1930, 1931, 1932 Cars (I have installed several in 1931 Cadillacs, 32 Packard Twin Six, and ....) ebay number 252741111917

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
27 Jan 2017 03:12 #32376 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Heater
This is the appropriate Tropic Air Heater for 1930, 1931, 1932 Cars (I have installed several in 1931 Cadillacs, 32 Packard Twin Six, and ....) ebay number 252741111917

JMM

More
03 Jan 2017 23:07 #32215 by gnutting
Replied by gnutting on topic Heater
My reprint copy of "Auburn - Cord Recommended Accessories" shows the "Kari-Keen Hot Water Heater", which the fine print at the bottom says was a Tropic-Aire. This accessories book is undated, but 1931 "Accessories Bulletins" nos. 14 and 24 (noted on an index bound with the reprint) concern hot water heaters, tho curiously both of these Bulletins are missing from the reprint. But Auburn pretty clearly was promoting a heater through the dealers in 1931.

I wonder how effective was the Kari-Keen. Its photo shows it located in the engine compartment ("does not cumber up leg room" says the text). It also says "air supplied from motor fan" so the heater contains "no troublesome extra electric motor". Yes, but if the air is circulated thru the heater by the engine fan, it must be engine air that is being circulated, not such a great thing. I don't think I want this heater on my 8-98A, even if I could find one.

Jack Triplett

Jack Triplett
1931 Auburn 898A speedster

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
25 Dec 2016 13:00 #32107 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Heater
I have a heater that I removed from my 31 coupe. Give me a call tomorrow if you are interested. My number is in the ACD directory.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• convertiblesforever
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Dec 2016 22:54 #32105 by convertiblesforever
Replied by convertiblesforever on topic Heater
Merry Christmas Randy! I thought you would know the correct answer. My son Jon and I appreciate your advise as always. The coupe is coming together nicely.
Glenn/Jon

• convertiblesforever
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Dec 2016 22:51 #32104 by convertiblesforever
Replied by convertiblesforever on topic Heater
Thank you Randy,
We did find a few early '30's heaters in a local vintage salvage yard. I will grab one that fits. We appreciate your input.
Glenn

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
24 Dec 2016 22:46 #32102 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Heater
Merry Christmas . Most heaters radios ect were installed by the dealers as a way to make more profits. So any Radio or heater that was available in 1931 or 1932 would be usable for your car . By 1934 Auburn started shipping cars with radios and heaters as optional extras but very little came from the factory in 1931 ,32,33. R

• convertiblesforever
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Dec 2016 20:45 #32101 by convertiblesforever
Heater was created by convertiblesforever
Hello All,
For our 1931 coupe. What would be the correct heater? My son has heard that Auburn had 2-3 vendors. We do not know what the correct heater would look like nor the vendor/model name. Any help appreciated.
Thank you,
Glenn/Jon