Skip to main content

1937 SC Beverly Questions

• Joe Holderman
  • Registered
More
30 May 2017 21:27 #33096 by Joe Holderman
Replied by Joe Holderman on topic 1937 SC Beverly Questions
Sounds like a really nice car, as-is! If you decide to sell, let me know! :)

Future Cord owner.

Messenger Link: m.me/hotrodjoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
29 May 2017 04:04 #33094 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic 1937 SC Beverly Questions
Hello. These modification could be done in the late 1930s to the late 1940s by any gas station and pepper tree mechanic in the L.A area . Our Cord Historian would gladly look up the numbers if you will get them to him. As far as what to do It should be what you want to do. R

• 88420sel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
29 May 2017 03:07 #33093 by 88420sel
1937 SC Beverly Questions was created by 88420sel
I last posted several years ago when I had the unexpected purchase of a '37 SC Beverly. I have been a member ever since, and have been studying my car from family history to pictures to written info on it. Car is super straight and rust free, but has had the original drive line removed (due to transmission issues according to family) when the car was only a few years old. Installed is a Hudson Straight eight and drive line. From looking at fire wall mods and drive line tunnel mods, this car was not done in some ones back yard. Title from Los Angeles California (where car was bought) to Texas in 1945 shows the Hudson engine already in place. Questions: Were there shops that did this in the Los Angeles area during this time that anyone knows of? Should I leave this drive line alone or update to modern, like a Chevy 350 auto with power steering and air? I like my cars original, but this one has had these changes done and I could never afford to go back to original.Body is rust free, interior is pretty original and nice (cloth). Bumpers were changed to 1941 Cadillac at the time engine was changed. Or maybe I should just sell and move on. Any thoughts would be appreciated.