Skip to main content

Seat Covers

• STEVEN.KUIPER
  • Registered
More
21 Nov 2017 14:24 #33797 by STEVEN.KUIPER
Replied by STEVEN.KUIPER on topic Seat Covers
as the cord was very very style conscious .... i can't imagine the factory approving plaid seat covers & door panels. plaid style cane on strong in the late 40's ....so, i'm feeling some loving later owner installed them to spruce up the old car or protect the original seats. each car has it's own story...nice bits of "americana" on a cord though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
15 Nov 2017 23:22 #33782 by 1748 S
Seat Covers was created by 1748 S
These are what I believe to be factory seat covers in my 37 Cord.This is how we purchased the car in 1961. Actually neither me or my Dad had any idea these were seat covers. It was not untill about 1976 that I noticed a tear and saw the blue broad cloth under it. So I removed some of the covers. The back seat is perfect. The front drivers seat corner where a person rubs the leather piping has worn some but not bad enough to recover the front seat.Door panels are bad at the bottoms but they are completely intact. All the bright work is on each panel too. Randy explained how valuable the metal pieces of the door panel trim is.Glad I have all that. Can anyone confirm these were original factory seat covers? Thanks for any comments.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.