Skip to main content

Looking for Duesenberg originally owned by W.H. Rowe Jr.

• Stephen Straughan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
31 Mar 2004 18:33 #1510 by Stephen Straughan
Replied by Stephen Straughan on topic Sometimes a blind stab in the dark hits something!
WOW. It's fantastic to hear that the Rowe?s Duesenberg is still out there! MANY thanks for the info. Randy!

Not being familiar with Dusenberg's SN structure, in what year would no. 2402 have been crafted?

B.T.W do you have any information on the specific whereabouts, or better yet the name of the current owner of the car? If that's confidential and you know the owner could you pass my inquiry on to him/her?

Stephen :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
30 Mar 2004 22:09 #1507 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Wallace H Rowe
Mrs Wallace H Rowe 624 Morehead Ave Pittsburgh Pa , owned J 383 sn 2402 till after WW II. It presently exists with J 306 engine and is in the south . Randy Ema

• Stephen Straughan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
29 Mar 2004 18:09 #1504 by Stephen Straughan
Hello Folks

I am new to this form so please go easy on me.

I am conducting some historical research on Cottesmore Hall a large Summer estate in Cobourg Ontario once owned by the Rowe family then of Pittsburgh Pa.

The Rowe's have advised that sometime in the late 20s early 30s Wallace H. Rowe Jr. purchased a Duesenberg "Sportster" with two seats (their description). He apparently kept the automobile for many years but decided to sell it because of a distinct lack of space to accommodate his growing family on road trips.

I do know that Duesenberg did not produce a huge number of automobiles, so the chances seem good that someone out there might have some additional information about this car and perhaps advise whether it still exists.

I know that the Rowe family would be quite thrilled to know whether the car is still around and would love to see a picture of it.

Thanks