Skip to main content

Duesenberg exhaust

• Va 33
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Jan 2014 23:34 #26808 by Va 33

Bob Roller wrote: Turner Classic Movies is again showing "Small Town Girl" tonight at 10:30PM if I read the time bar right.This has some good scenes

with a "J"that is really driven.

Thank you

Bob Roller

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bob Roller
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
27 Jan 2014 22:38 #26807 by Bob Roller
Turner Classic Movies is again showing "Small Town Girl" tonight at 10:30PM if I read the time bar right.This has some good scenes with a "J"that is really driven.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

• Va 33
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Jan 2014 13:04 #26798 by Va 33
Replied by Va 33 on topic J 408

alsancle wrote: Leo was partners with Ted. He procured the engines and chassis and Ted did the rest. If you have one of the early cars those are the really good ones. By the last cars they were running out of original parts and some short cuts were taken. I wonder if you have the "circus wagon"? That was what the guys in the shop called one that was painted in flamboyant colors.

My car is the first one Ted built a near perfect copy of Tony Pacucci's car with the exception of the wing windows that we are correcting, and the fuel pump isn't perfect.

More
27 Jan 2014 12:36 #26796 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Duesenberg exhaust
Leo was partners with Ted. He procured the engines and chassis and Ted did the rest. If you have one of the early cars those are the really good ones. By the last cars they were running out of original parts and some short cuts were taken. I wonder if you have the "circus wagon"? That was what the guys in the shop called one that was painted in flamboyant colors.

• Va 33
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 Jan 2014 17:31 #26781 by Va 33
Replied by Va 33 on topic Duesenberg exhaust

alsancle wrote: If you can post a picture of it in its 1970s colors I can see what I have. I was only helping on the last cars as I didn't start working for Ted until I was 15. Of course, by help I mean pushing, cleaning, etc.

im not very good at this I would need help putting pictures up, when my wife gets back next week I'll have her do it, but the colors in 1973 were orange like body and maroon fenders I believe the owner at that time was Leo Gephart

More
26 Jan 2014 17:17 #26779 by alsancle
If you can post a picture of it in its 1970s colors I can see what I have. I was only helping on the last cars as I didn't start working for Ted until I was 15. Of course, by help I mean pushing, cleaning, etc.

• Va 33
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 Jan 2014 03:56 #26767 by Va 33
Replied by Va 33 on topic J 408

alsancle wrote: Is J408 one of the cars Ted Billings did? I might have worked on it as a kid.

any chance you have any pictures, yes this is the first Billings Tourster , we are presently doing a frame off and changing colors to red on black, I would appreciate any info or history this is a copy of tony pacucci's car

More
26 Jan 2014 01:50 #26763 by alsancle
Is J408 one of the cars Ted Billings did? I might have worked on it as a kid.

• Bob Roller
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
25 Jan 2014 14:49 #26753 by Bob Roller
Replied by Bob Roller on topic J exhaust system
These cars had an exhaust bypass that allowed for an open exhaust on cross country runs but by turning a lever on the floor mounted on the drivers side near the edge of the seat,it could be made quiet for town use.
These cars are obnoxious when blasting off under hard acceleration and in some areas,the driver can be fined for doing it.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

• Va 33
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Jan 2014 04:38 #26749 by Va 33
Duesenberg exhaust was created by Va 33
Can anyone tell me the purpose of the flipper type valve behind the muffler on my j 408?