J-426/2452: Trying to complete the history of my Grandfather's Duesenberg

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
07 Sep 2017 04:10 #33518 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic: J-426/2452: Trying to complete the history of my Grandfather's Duesenberg
Jack, Have you found anything with your Cord yet? Would be curious as to the solution. Hope you bought the right parts.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2017 22:48 #33521 by J426
J426 replied the topic: J-426/2452: Trying to complete the history of my Grandfather's Duesenberg
Thank you for the kind reply! I was fortunate to speak with Randy this week and hope to get my dad up to his place soon to share even more pictures we found last night...when I get a chance, I will post some more on the car :)

I was wondering if I should join the club- I am extremely proud to be able to say my grandfather owned a Duesenberg. Our grandfathers definitely had great taste in cars!

Rob Radcliffe

• Jonathan Richards
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
17 Sep 2017 14:58 #33576 by Jonathan Richards
Jonathan Richards replied the topic: J-426/2452: Trying to complete the history of my Grandfather's Duesenberg
Hi, Mike, This subject properly belongs under Cord 810/810 Forum but, yes , the problem with 32410S has been diagnosed and corrected.The screw which affixes the upper collar ( with slot for distributor drive shaft) to the intermediate drive shaft in the cam driven oil pump/distributor system came loose causing distributor rotor to stop. End result, no ignition and engine stops. A coat of Permatex Blue anti-seize on the threads of the screw and proper re-assembly did the trick and the Cord re-started. Today she takes a 60 mile trip to Millstadt, Illinois to the home of the daughter of the late ACD Club member Col. Leonard Redburn. It was Leonard who completed most of the restoration on Geneva in the 1990s. Thanks for inquiring, Jack Richards.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds