MISC ARCHIVES / Costom Bodied Auburn V-12

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
06 Dec 2009 05:12 #15262 by mikespeed35
mikespeed35 replied the topic:
The body was built by McBride's Garage and Auto Body Co. in Toronto. The same Co. that built the van and truck body's for the Eaton Dept. Store. The design was supplied by Auburn from the Gordon Buehrig design for the Duesenberg Dual Cowl Toredo Phaeton. This car was for a wedding gift. Lady Eaton first looked at a Duesenberg by Brunn in Buffalo and was given a price of $19,500 US. Too expensive for a wedding gift so they used the 133" 12 chassis and put the Duesenberg body on it. The last the car was known of was 1940-41 when it was sold to two flight officers in the Royal Canadian Air Force. Look in the 1996 No. two and three issue for the whole story.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Dec 2009 15:17 #15350 by
replied the topic:
Using the front axle for a focal line does not do the car much justice. I would not have taken a body designed for a much longer wheelbase and scrunched it down to that Cord wheelbase.

It reminds me a little of those LeBaron bodied Packards from 1934. The ones with the disappearing top.

More
10 Aug 2017 09:00 #33404 by LeifHemy
LeifHemy replied the topic: Wow!

Bill Hummel wrote: Here is the car Johnathan mentioned:

Here is the link to the big picture:

http://www.cordhaven.com/acd/brockman/misc/JBA732.jpg

My apologies for the order of the slides. My software sorts the thumbnails alphabeticaly, not numberically. So all the 7's are together.

This is just amazing! Thanks for sharing, Bill! :)

• Jonathan Richards
  • Jonathan Richards's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
11 Aug 2017 03:21 #33409 by Jonathan Richards
Jonathan Richards replied the topic: Wow! The Jim Brockman Collection --What a treasure!!
Happy to see this thread re-activated. What a marvelous machine of Lady Flora Eaton. Come on you Canadian members and put on your Shurlock Holmes outfits and find that this vehicle still exists. Welcome to the website, Leif Hemy, Sincerely, Jonathan Richards Member #1080 , formerly at Red Oak, Iowa and now at Chesterfield\, Missouri , Phone Area 712/621-1854 and new E-mail address This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• auburnandyscar
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
22 Aug 2017 06:07 #33450 by auburnandyscar
auburnandyscar replied the topic: Wow! The Jim Brockman Collection --What a treasure!!
A good looking car, BUT it looks as if the same 'Tape measure' was used for the wheelbase on this V12 car and the "Father Divine" car.... (sigh)

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds