• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
06 Aug 2016 13:01 #31475 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Re: The Hamilton Spectator
Hello 1748S.
I didn't find the picture as I live in Australia. KOOKS (Kord Owners Of Kanada ) spotted the article and notified me. Yes it is amazing that it developed the two tone paint job so early. It remained that way until 1960 when it was repainted by George Van Nostrand in Canada. I have the history of ownership back to the day it was sold in Toronto. The history of ownership was printed in the Newsletter last year. It is quite an amazing story. My Cord has threaded its way through so many lives and continues to do so.
Cheers,
Terry Cockerell
Australia

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
06 Aug 2016 01:03 #31473 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: The Hamilton Spectator
It sure is great that you can find original pics and dte them in a quest to turn back time of ownership.. My beverly can be traced back to 1947 when the president of the Tucker club owned it. I have no idea how many owners before that time had my car. That was Mr Hamlin. He sold the car to a Mr. Finnicum. He sold the car to my father and business partner in 1961. They each gave $150.00 for it as a basket case with 2 complete front drive systems and spare complete engine. Sadly most of all the spares were lost in a fire.
It would be nice to learn when and why the car went from Cadet Grey Luminances to the 2 tone. History can be fascinating....

• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
05 Aug 2016 10:04 #31466 by Terry Cockerell
The Hamilton Spectator was created by Terry Cockerell
This picture arrived from Canada after it was spotted and recognised by KOOK friends. It was featured in a newspaper called The Hamilton Spectator. The picture was taken in 1939 and shows a young lady standing next to my 810 Cord Serial No 1586A. The owner of the car at that time was a next door neighbour of the young lady and her family. The lady in question is Trudie Weaver and she is still alive and well at the age of 100 and counting. Her 100 birthday was celebrated on 31st December 2015. I have been in contact with Trudie and she was delighted to hear that beautiful old car is still around. Trudie, the Cord and picture are all survivors. The picture was saved from a house fire a few years ago when Trudie just about lost everything she possessed. This is now the earliest picture I have of the car and it is surprising that it had acquired the two tone paint scheme so early. Originally is was Cadet Grey. Perhaps it had been involved in a road accident or the then owner just wanted to jazz it up a bit.

T cockerell
Attachments: