Skip to main content

Speedster Motorcars speedometer doesn't work right

• LarryT
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 Oct 2016 23:54 #31846 by LarryT
Update on Speedster Motorcars Auburn w/ Stewart Warner programmable speedo/odo.

I talked to Stewart Warner Tech Support and they said they had problems interfacing w/ GM. My understanding is that the SW is programmable from 4,000 - 40,000 pulses per mile. GM uses 122,000 pulses per mile.

My solution was to use a Dakota Digital interface box. It plugs into the
DLC connector. I was able to program the Dakota Digital box so my speedo/odo accuracy is plus or minus 2% (the resolution of the odometer).

There may be alternatives but that is what worked for me.

Larry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
23 Aug 2016 12:16 #31583 by Curt Schulze
Contact Mark Tyra at Milestone Motor Cars

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• LarryT
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Aug 2015 02:08 #30130 by LarryT
HELP! I took delivery of a used Speedster Motorcars 2nd Gen car. ODO showed 387 miles. The Stewart Warner Wings speedometer is erratic and ODO is incorrect.

Speedo shop says electric speedo head works "perfectly."

Engine runs fine and electronic trans shifts fine. Doesn't that mean the VSS signal to the PCM is OK?

Anybody know what vehicle I should tell the scan tool it is plugged into? I would like to drive the vehicle and confirm that the VSS signal is OK using the scan tool plugged into the DLC connector.

I am desperate to get this resolved. My wife and I have had an anniversary trip to the Oregon Coast planned for months and we want to take this car.