Skip to main content

1931 Auburn gauges

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
31 Dec 2018 12:24 #36291 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic 1931 Auburn gauges
I have the green fluid. $15 per vile. + shipping. The oil level gauge works easily if all the fittings are tight.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2018 03:09 #36290 by gnutting
Replied by gnutting on topic 1931 Auburn gauges
Probably should have added that the green fluid for the oil level does not seem to ba available. Perhaps red will also work on the oil level side? Curt probably knows? I don't think the oil sending unit on my car is operational.

Jack Triplett
1931 Auburn 898A speedster

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
28 Dec 2018 12:27 #36268 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic 1931 Auburn gauges
I have the red fluid it is $15 per vial. A complete kit with lines, fittings & fluid is $50

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

More
27 Dec 2018 22:26 #36265 by gnutting
Replied by gnutting on topic 1931 Auburn gauges
Try this company: www.classicandexotic.com/store/c-85-king...bson-fuel-gauge.aspx
they sell parts, a rebuild kit and vials of the fluid, and will rebuild your unit. In my experience, a shop that worked on my 8-98A had the guage working with no trouble, but then the main problem was the "restorer" for the previous owner who set the motor mount on the tiny capillary line that links fuel tank to gauge. The K-S company on the link above will tell you that the typical problem is often that the gauge jsut needs a refill of fluid, and it doesn't seem to last very long. Ford V-8 used the same K-S system (as did Rolls and Bentley in England, where the K-S was sold as a Hobson), and Ford sellers charge less for the fluid. Good luck with it.

Jack Triplett
1931 Auburn 898A speedster
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• pwrightII
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Dec 2018 19:46 #36264 by pwrightII
1931 Auburn gauges was created by pwrightII
I am in need of an original water temp gauge for a 1931 Auburn 898 and am also looking for a reputable firm who can rebuild a fuel/oil gauge for a 31 898. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pete Wright