Skip to main content

Our new 36 Cord 810 arrived in need of a rear spring

• rallyemidland
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
04 Nov 2018 13:15 #35885 by rallyemidland
Replied by rallyemidland on topic Our new 36 Cord 810 arrived in need of a rear spring
Thank you for the recommendation. I scored a used spring for the time being, but I plan to have a pair of new main leafs made as you and johnmereness both recommended Detroit Spring. I think a new matching pair will be the best final resolve. Thanks again! Dale

Dale Martin Midland, Michigan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rallyemidland
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
04 Nov 2018 13:08 #35884 by rallyemidland
Replied by rallyemidland on topic Our new 36 Cord 810 arrived in need of a rear spring
Thank you for the response. I did find, and order a used spring complete with its cover that was listed on E-bay. I believe the shipper caused the broken spring on the car. I have shipped a lot of cars and have never had any issues like this. Being that there are a few decent weather days left this month, I wanted to do some longer shake down drives,, but that opportunity is closing quickly. Once the used spring is cleaned and installed, I think I should send the broken spring to Detroit spring and have a pair of matching new main leafs made. Thanks again for recommending Detroit Spring. Dale Martin Midland Michigan

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
03 Nov 2018 17:53 #35879 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Our new 36 Cord 810 arrived in need of a rear spring
I have had plenty of springs made by Detroit via my original patterns - good work.
As a sidenote, the spring most likely broke as someone tied the car down so it would not bounce - I usually have to have a talk with the shipper about tying a car down by its axles (as they do not want to do it). I handled an estate with a 1934 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan - it had been tied down by the frame and actually broke the frame on one side above the rear axle and the other side by the shackle - basically the whole car (100 pointer too) had to come apart to solve the problem.

JMM

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
23 Oct 2018 04:12 #35799 by mikespeed35
Try Detroit Spring. They made front springs for my L-29.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
23 Oct 2018 03:14 #35797 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Our new 36 Cord 810 arrived in need of a rear spring
Are there any spring works in your area ? Here in Australia I have had to get some new leaves made to sample. It is straight forward work.

T cockerell

• rallyemidland
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
23 Oct 2018 00:34 #35796 by rallyemidland
36 Cord 810 Westchester # 1971A has arrived at its new home here in Midland Michigan. Strangely, the right rear spring main leaf is broken, so I need a spring assembly or at least a main leaf. Please contact me at [email protected] if you have a spring for sale or know of one that would be available.

Attachments: