Skip to main content

Placed Order Today

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
27 Jan 2019 10:10 #36557 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Placed Order Today
As an ongoing source of parts for members of the ACD Club perhaps the BOD should consider purchasing Stan's company and run it for the benefit of the members otherwise who knows what will happen?
To keep our prized cars running in the future we need a guaranteed source of the correct parts. The first move has to start somewhere.

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
27 Jan 2019 05:46 #36556 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Placed Order Today
Anything you need from Stan should be ordered. His business is for sale and when it sells no guarantee the parts will be available.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
27 Jan 2019 02:02 #36554 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Placed Order Today
Well ... Now I sure feel silly...Thanks Cliff. Sadly I have not seen my spark plug wire tubes in years but sure nuff.. you are correct. Now I need another excuse to contact Stan's and see bout ordering more wanted... Maybe not needed parts... Like I tell the wifey... Honey, Just one more part...

• uconn_1965
  • Registered
More
27 Jan 2019 01:15 #36553 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Placed Order Today
Each spark plug tube only takes 3 grommets. The reason is that the spark plug wires for 4L and 4R come out the back of the tubes and don't need grommets.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
26 Jan 2019 23:27 #36552 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Placed Order Today
Parts arrived today.Happy to get them too. Was concerned bout the gas door hinge because our club member down under ordered one and his came brass needing chrome. Mine came chromed.I ordered especially the 3/8 thrust washer because my shaft was modified for a 5/16 thrust washer. And this is the ONLY wide thrust washer they had. May not be making any more too. But I sure hope they can. Anyway I can see why my 5/16 thrust washer has so much wear on it. There is not key-way slot cut in it to hold it still. So it probably "runs with the gear" so to say...Really a bad modification in my opinion. The spark plug wire grommets that fit between the tube and the wires came as a set of 6... Well that's not right but not really needed or I can run my engine. So maybe a call and an excuse to order more parts so "they" don't have to waste shipping charges because they mistakenly fouled up the order.I never heard of any Cord engine having 6 cylinders but am no Cord expert either. I understand simple mistakes. Anyway enjoy the pictures.
Attachments:

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
23 Jan 2019 21:34 #36532 by 1748 S
Placed Order Today was created by 1748 S
Today I placed an order for parts from Stan. Just simple things.Chrome gas door hinge, air filter decal,spark plug wire grommets and the last 3/8 inch thrust washer Stan had. They probably wont be fabricating any more of these. I actually needed a 5/16 thrust washer but they do not have that piece. Originally we had a 3/16 thrust washer in our trans but.. They were a weak part and many of them broke up causing plenty of problems for the gears.I have thought about having it ground to fit on both sides or grind the shaft so it fits. Still undecided on what to do there.

Gary Parsons