810-812 fuel tanks

• balinwire
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
06 Feb 2019 05:46 #36605 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic 810-812 fuel tanks
That is fantastic you are recreating these, I suppose the beaded panels and side seams, drain plug and fuel sender location are correct as well. In this humid gulf-coast air and the fuel additives in today's gas standard metal steel will not survive more than a few years. I would much prefer a similar steel as the original but it will have to be stainless steel to survive the millennia I hope my Cord will. Every tank I have in every tool or vehicle has rust and corroded plastic fittings. The cars with stainless are perfect, they do not grow the brown flaky rust and begin to perforate and leak creating a dangerous situation. Also a slightly heaver gauge steel with original beaded profiles would be preferred. My straps and felt belts seem to be OK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sheldon
  • Registered
More
05 Feb 2019 03:04 #36599 by Sheldon
Replied by Sheldon on topic 810-812 fuel tanks
Hi....we need some tanks for our Cars so have made tooling to make new tanks from scratch....had the first prototype at Auburn....have made a few tweaks and the second prototype looks great.....plated with a corrosion inhibitor inside & out and then powder coated on the exterior....if interest email me & will send pics/details [email protected] Thanks!

• balinwire
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
26 Jan 2019 16:55 - 26 Jan 2019 16:56 #36551 by balinwire
810-812 fuel tanks was created by balinwire
My gas tank is in terrible condition and have been looking for a reproduction. There is a company called Rock Valley auto parts that builds custon fuel tanks for antique autos. They could make these tanks with the filler neck angle and drain if they had a pattern, Is there anyone in the Illinois area who could lend them a tank for a pattern? I am sure we all could use their services. www.rockvalleyantiqueautoparts.com/catal...nks_order_custom.pdf
Rock Valley Antique
Auto Parts, Inc.
Route 72 & Rothwell Rd.
Box 352
Stillman Valley, IL 61084
Last edit: 26 Jan 2019 16:56 by balinwire.