Skip to main content

L-29 Historical question

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
23 Oct 2015 04:12 #30469 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Re: L-29 Historical question
It sounds to me you are asking a question about the Stutz, not the L-29. Thus no answer on this forum. Maybe you should clarify your question if it is about the L-29.
Cordially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Huffstutler
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
23 Oct 2015 01:44 #30467 by Huffstutler
Replied by Huffstutler on topic Re: L-29 Historical question
It has been 5 years since this post and surprised that no one has yet attempted to take a stab at the question? I am still in need of an answer "official" owners and historians. Thanks!

Eric

Eric Huffstutler

• Huffstutler
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
25 Feb 2015 01:53 #29222 by Huffstutler
Replied by Huffstutler on topic L-29 Historical question
Bringing this back to the top in hopes someone with historical background can help answer my question? Thanks.

Eric Huffstutler

• Huffstutler
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
18 Oct 2011 14:17 #21222 by Huffstutler
L-29 Historical question was created by Huffstutler
This is a "which came first" type of question.

I am trying to establish just which auto came out first with the X braced frame.

As for the first "introcuced for sale" car goes, that would be the 1929 Stutz Blackhawk which was launched in January 1929 as opposed to the Cord L-29 that launched in August that year.

But, what I am seeking is which was first with their prototype? I am assuming that the Cord was in the 1927 prototype (and assuming Snow - Van Ranst had the X in place then) but does anyone knows about the Blackhawk... if it would also come out that year or prior or later? For some this would make a determination as to which car was first with the X chassis since prototypes are being considered in my research.

I am curious because books have often stated the Cord was first with the X frame in America (in Europe it came a lot earlier from France).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks...

Eric

Eric Huffstutler