Frank Lloyd Wright's L-29 Phaeton

• Arizona Concour
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
04 Jun 2014 02:07 #27642 by Arizona Concour
Replied by Arizona Concour on topic Frank Lloyd Wright's L-29 Phaeton
Chris & Mike:
Thank you both for your quick responses. I have been in contact with Ms. Hamilton and have read her good work. I'm also working with Laura and Aaron at the ACD Museum retarding the L-29 Cabriolet and Crosley Hot Shot. Trying to locate the L-29 Phaeton is a challenge. I have many pictures, including the accident, but it seems like the car has just disappeared. Maybe it went to the war effort? If anyone can find a current or past owner please advise so I can trace down the lead. Could Dick Green be of any help?
Thank you ,
Ed Winkler, Director
Arizona Concours d'Elegance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
03 Jun 2014 03:46 #27638 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic Frank Lloyd Wright's L-29 Phaeton
Hi Ed, I'm sure you've already found this, but you might find Mary Jane Hamilton's cover article, "Frank Lloyd Wright & His Automobiles," from the winter 2012 issue of "Frank Lloyd Wright Quarterly" useful. It was thoroughly researched by Ms Hamilton and contributed to by several ACD Club members, including myself and L-29 Historian Dick Greene.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
03 Jun 2014 02:26 #27636 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Frank Lloyd Wright's L-29 Phaeton
I don't think it is known. It was involved in a crash in period. The ACD Museum does own a Cord L-29 Cab. that was owned by a relative and titled in the Frank Wright Estate. If you will go on this forum, under Picture Gallery on the second page you will find referance to the Frank Wright's Cord crash along with pictures of the crash and much info. you might be interested in.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Arizona Concour
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
03 Jun 2014 02:00 #27635 by Arizona Concour
Frank Lloyd Wright's L-29 Phaeton was created by Arizona Concour
I'm the Director of the Arizona Concours and we are gathering a group of Frank Lloyd Wright owned cars. I cannot find his L-29 Phaeton. Does anyone know where it is? Thank you for your help.
Ed Winkler