Skip to main content

Maharajah of Holkar Duesenberg

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
22 Jun 2004 14:30 #1856 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Plans
I found the drawings that were in the newsletter. They don't include measurements but may be of some interest to you. If you would like to email me I can scan them and send them back to you.

Stan
<a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rob78
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 Jun 2004 08:11 #1814 by rob78
Replied by rob78 on topic Maharajah of Holkar Duesenberg
Thanks for the responses guys, I remember reading that it was the highest chasis number ever, does that mean it was indeed the last chasis produced?? That pic does look like a lowrider. Hey Ric I see you are from Fort Erie, I'm from Welland Ontario right next door myself!!

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
13 Jun 2004 04:35 #1812 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic The Maharajah's J
This Duesy, 2614/J-585 is a long-wheelbase chassis with body by J. Gurney-Nutting & Compant, Limited. Maharajah Holkar of India was 28 years old when he ordered this car.

It is right hand drive, and bears the highest-known J chassis number. The chassis was shipped to Duesenberg's agent in London, R.S. M. Motors, and from there to the Gurney-Nutting Works. When completed it was shipped to New York. Duesenberg drivers drove it back to Indy for tuning and testing. Then it was driven to Santa Ana CA where the Maharajah lived for a year. (When delivered the car had 3,800 miles on it!) Eight months later it was on a ship out of LA, headed for Singapore.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• Ric Simpson
  • Registered
More
13 Jun 2004 02:59 #1811 by Ric Simpson
Replied by Ric Simpson on topic Maharajah Duesy
Hey am I lucky! I remember riding in the car at least once, and I think I even drove it! I must be failing if I can't be sure! I thought it belonged to the Maharajah of Indore? I believe I still have a letter and picture of the car when it was for sale. Price was high! I think it was $25,000.00. I remember it from a spring meet in Auburn, Mass. and again at Auburn. I seem to remember the body was by Gurney-Nutting, but then I'm not sure today is Saturday, coz I can't remember Friday! All the best, Ric.

Ric Simpson,
2001 Niagara Parkway,
Fort Erie, Ontario,
Canada. L2A 5M4

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
12 Jun 2004 13:23 #1809 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Low rider
Maybe the Maharanee went shopping and there's a coupla thousand pounds of gifts in the trunk.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
12 Jun 2004 02:54 #1808 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic Maharajah of Holkar Duesenberg
Something doesn't look right in those photos. Looks like a lowrider.

Mike
8-100A

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
11 Jun 2004 20:35 #1806 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Maharajah of Holkar Duesenberg
The ACD N/L published scale drawings many years ago but I couldn't find them in the N/L Index. It may have been a drawing by Gerald Windgrove for him to build a scale model.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Duesey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
09 Jun 2004 04:27 #1796 by Duesey
Replied by Duesey on topic Maharajah of Holkar Duesenberg

• rob78
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
08 Jun 2004 08:35 #1787 by rob78
Maharajah of Holkar Duesenberg was created by rob78
Hi, I'm new to this site. I was wondering if anyone had any information about the 1935 Duesenberg SJN roadster that was made for the Maharajah of Holkar in India. I recently purchased a 1:64 scale model of the car and am impressed with it's size and beauty. Are there any plans, or pics or specifications of the car. the model appears to measure close to 20 scale feet long!! Thanks very much.