Skip to main content

Looking for info on our former Model A

• HSS1929
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
11 Feb 2018 20:02 #34143 by HSS1929
Replied by HSS1929 on topic Looking for info on our former Model A
(Boy you can't turn your back on this forum, while I was typing the following, it logged me out....) Thanks Randy for the info. I have wondered what happened to this car for years and if I had only waited another few days the question would have answered itself with the very next topic for this Duesenberg board. I had seen Mr. Hymann's listing for the car for sale and have even photographed it at Pebble Beach in 2010 without knowing it was (mostly) the same car! As is noted in the in the next topic, the car is headed for auction with RM fairly soon at Amelia Island. The restoration looks very well done and it is nice to see our old car has been so well cared for. We had toyed with the idea of returning it to a touring car but there was always another project in line ahead of it. Thanks again for solving the mystery. Have attached my photos of the car in 2010, but the auction listing has much better images. www.rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/AM18/Amel...lspaugh-irish/646870
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
10 Feb 2018 22:02 #34139 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Looking for info on our former Model A
Nelson your old A is sn 798 engine number 1111 and has been restored by Robin Onsoien of Calif .It is now in two shades of grey and being offered by Mark Hyman in its original touring car shape. Randy Ema

• HSS1929
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
10 Feb 2018 17:58 #34138 by HSS1929
Replied by HSS1929 on topic Looking for info on our former Model A
The Club Directory is correct. N-

• Jonathan Richards
  • Registered
More
10 Feb 2018 17:08 #34137 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic Looking for info on our former Model A
Good Morning, Mr. Thorpe, The most recent printed ACD Club Directory shows your E-mail address as [email protected]. Your post this morning shows HSS1929. What is the correct information for those who wish to contact you ? Have a good day.

• HSS1929
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
10 Feb 2018 07:16 #34136 by HSS1929
Hi Folks, new here but not to the club. We used to have a Model A Roadster that appeared to have been cut down from a touring car and a different rear body with built in trunk was spliced on. We sold the car in 1992 and it did not occur to me to make copies of the files back then. We bought the car from Sid Buka of Denver, Co. The car had what we were told was a "Rocky Mountain" rear end which meant it topped out about 45 or 50 mph but it would go up a retaining wall at 45. Anyone know the chassis/engine numbers and what it looks like today? Photo from when we had it at the Silverado Concours in Napa, CA in the late 1980s. Thanks, Nelson V. Thorpe, Oakland, CA
Attachments: