Duesenberg Online Index - Gone?

• HSS1929
  • HSS1929's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
05 Apr 2018 22:21 #34426 by HSS1929
HSS1929 created the topic: Duesenberg Online Index - Gone?
Hi Folks, it appears the incredibly helpful website duesey186.com has dropped all but the one car. Do any of the Duesenberg books have a complete listing of the cars with chassis & engine numbers that can be used as a substitute? (Wish I had transcribed more of the online version now, was about halfway through it. Have tried to contact the owner of the page by email but have heard nothing back so far.) Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2018 07:54 #34742 by Brian R. Peterson
Brian R. Peterson replied the topic: Duesenberg Online Index - Gone?
Hi!

I too was disheartened to find that duesey186 has seemingly gone the way of the Duesenberg.

The most recent comparable info I know of is the book Duesenberg by Dennis Adler. It has an engine and chassis list of all 481 cars in the index at the end; but since the book was published in 2004, it may be inaccurate at this point.

www.amazon.com/Duesenberg-Dennis-Adler/dp/0873493885

?Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.? - General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC Commandant

• HSS1929
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
16 Jun 2018 19:16 #34769 by HSS1929
HSS1929 replied the topic: Duesenberg Online Index - Gone?
Thanks very much for your reply - that book is one of the few I don't have so will order it promptly. As for its being out of date, it has to be in at least one case. The cars with engines J-500 & J-559 swapped engines many years ago and only recently had them swapped back so at least those two have to be wrong given the book's publication date. Thanks again, N-

More
19 Jun 2018 16:17 #34779 by hessacres
hessacres replied the topic: Duesenberg Online Index - Gone?
you might search " Duesenberg" under "Facebook". Someone has put together a site that has a picture and brief history of many of the J model cars. I think this is the site, but yoy will need to create an account or log in to an existing account.
www.facebook.com/DuesenbergMotors

More
19 Jun 2018 22:15 - 19 Jun 2018 22:17 #34781 by Brian R. Peterson
Brian R. Peterson replied the topic: Duesenberg Online Index - Gone?
you might search " Duesenberg" under "Facebook". Someone has put together a site that has a picture and brief history of many of the J model cars. I think this is the site, but yoy will need to create an account or log in to an existing account.
www.facebook.com/DuesenbergMotors

@hessacres: That'd be me! :)

?Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.? - General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, USMC Commandant
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2018 22:17 by Brian R. Peterson. Reason: Misposted first time

• HSS1929
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
23 Jun 2018 06:14 #34819 by HSS1929
HSS1929 replied the topic: Duesenberg Online Index - Gone?
Hey Gents, have already seen and followed the Duesenberg page on FB. I run the Hispano Suiza Society FB page so I appreciate the effort that goes into it.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds