Christmas Eve

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
28 Dec 2018 01:12 #36267 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Christmas Eve
Well I'm less that happy with what my family got me on my list.... Absolutely nothing. I did explain why I made a list. I wanted to be able to look at that area of my Cord and know someone other than me purchased that piece. Just simple things.The air filter decal. The hood hinge weather seals. the weather seals to the rear bumper irons as they go into the fender n body. I got very nice clothing gifts but REALLY... I NEEDED Cord parts. Not shirts and stuff. But I have family that loves me. Just not enough to follow a simple list... Its all in fun.Being with family during a holiday is far more important that the gift you get. And I'm thankful for that.So after the first of the year I'm ordering Stan's goodies.
Hope everyone has a safe New Year. Mine will be sitting here watching the Pasadena Rose Parade warm and happy. When I was a teenager I would go to the parade with my friends family.Stay awake as long as you could. Fall asleep in the gutter. Wake up to watch the floats. Cold beyond belief and hard ground.. But it was memorable just the same...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• russv
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
25 Dec 2018 12:21 #36245 by russv
Replied by russv on topic Christmas Eve
Wishing all ACDer's a safe and Merry Christmas. Enjoy the holidays.
Russ

More
25 Dec 2018 06:52 #36244 by Joel
Replied by Joel on topic Christmas Eve
Happy birthday and merry Christmas! My wife is a Christmas eve baby as well.

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe
[img

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
25 Dec 2018 04:06 - 25 Dec 2018 04:07 #36242 by 1748 S
Christmas Eve was created by 1748 S
To nite at 9:34 PM I turn 67 years old. Lucky me to have been born on this night. Never has been a problem for me but its tuff for those purchasing a little boy both a birthday gift and Christmas gifts. I did not mind.. This year I gave my wife and daughter a list of parts to be purchased from Stan for my Cord. Will see what I got tomorrow. My list was large and expensive but..They had plenty of choices on the less expensive side too. Had a great dinner at a rest runt I have gone to for nearly 50 years. Anyone from the southern California are will recognize the name... North Woods Inn. It has changed very little in all these years. Then we drove up thru Christmas Tree Lane viewing all the homes nicely decorated with huge light and display setups. Very laid back and enjoyable too. Home safely now. Time to hit the bed. 60 might be the new 40 but 9:00 is still 9:00.
Merry Christmas everyone...

Gary Parsons
Last edit: 25 Dec 2018 04:07 by 1748 S.