Total Users Online Data

• thomaslee
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
19 Feb 2017 17:49 #32518 by thomaslee
Replied by thomaslee on topic Total Users Online Data
Jack,

good question. Guests are not logged in at all. many of those "guests" are not real users, they are people just browsing without creating accounts.
we have paid members (club members) and "free forum members" -- that latter category of users are "forum members only" but can only access the public forums, not the club specific forums.
Guests are neither type of user. they are just browsing a subset of forums, but can not post anything to the site.
I look at that Guest counter to get an idea of the number of people who are browsing the site -- many of them are Spam users I think.

hope that answers your question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jonathan Richards
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
13 Feb 2017 19:07 #32491 by Jonathan Richards
Total Users Online Data was created by Jonathan Richards
Mr. Lee , Website Manager, I note that under the MEMBERS title just below this WEBSITE
FEEDBACK caption the Total users online appears. From time to time the number of Guests on Line varies but most of the time it reads 36. Could this be because guest users fail to Logout when they leave the site? Is there a way that this can be cleared to accurately reflect the guest use? Thanks for your consideration of this inquiry, Jonathan ( Jack ) Richards #1080.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.