Memorial Day Weekend
May 25-29, 2017
63rd Annual ACD Eastern Spring Meet “Explore Northeast Ohio” May 25-29, 2017
Please join us for the 63nd Annual Eastern Spring Meet in Northeast Ohio. Some of the exciting things that we will be doing include:
- Visit to Harwood Motors showroom in Macedonia, OH which includes antiques and Classics to '50s fins to potent muscle cars. We will have a continental breakfast and meet-up with some of the Ohio Region CCCA members. Harwood Motors is owned by Matt Harwood (Director of OCCCA and Editor of Northern Lights Magazine and Melanie Harwood (Stan Hywet Coordinator and OCCCA Registrar, Public Relations)
- Visiting Holden Arboretum in Kirtland, OH which includes a canopy walk and the Kirtland Temple, first temple built in the 1830’s by Joseph Smith (Latter Day Saints) and his followers
- Touring the National Packard Museum in Warren, OH, birthplace of the Packard! We will also be there on the last day of the 17th Annual Antique Motorcycle Exhibit
- Driving through Amish country and stopping at End of the Commons General Store in Mesopotamia, OH
- Visiting the Western Reserve Historical Society’s Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum in Cleveland Heights which includes a ride on the lovingly restored Euclid Beach carousel
- ouring The James A. Garfield National Historic Site operated by the National Park Service in Mentor, OH and yes you can get a stamp in your “NPS Passport” (By the way, Mentor is where Holly grew-up)
- A drive through Lake View Cemetery where President James A Garfield, John Rockefeller, and other local and national notables are buried
This is a casual meet – there will be no formal dress up events, but on Sunday feel free to dress in vintage clothing for the day if you so choose.
The Meet Judging will be late afternoon Saturday at our hotel.
Our host hotel is the Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Solon located in Solon off Route 43, close to I-271 and the Ohio Turnpike.
Check-in will be at the hotel starting Thursday around 3PM and there will be lots of parking for cars and trailers. Unfortunately this hotel is not pet friendly.
The hospitality suite will be open each late afternoon / evening for catching up with friends. We will have plenty of time to relax and enjoy each other’s company during the weekend and we hope that you will join us for some good ACD fun.
Lunches will be planned for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and the ACD 63rd Eastern Spring Meet Banquet will be on Sunday evening. And breakfast is included in your reservation.
Dinner on Thursday, Friday & Saturday are own your own and we will have a list of local restaurants for you to choose from.
Hope to see all you ACDers in Solon as we “Explore Northeast Ohio” in May 2017!!!
Auburn Warm Up
June 2nd - June 4th, 2017
Meet Chairman – Jack & Luci Laughlin
The Auburn Warm-Up meet is fast approaching. Jack, Luci, Gretchen and I have been working to put
together a great weekend for everyone. This year will be the 18th year for the Auburn Warm-Up tour.
Our itinerary is still a work-in-progress but this is what we have planned:
Friday, June 2, 2017
We will meet at and depart from LaQuinta Inn in Auburn, IN. Our first stop of the day is the Cinda B facilities in Fort Wayne, IN. Cinda B was launched in 2004 by an Atlanta woman looking to design, make and sell American handbags. She partnered with Hentz Manufacturing in 2009 and the handbags are designed and sewn in Fort Wayne, IN. Next up is lunch and a tour of Sweetwater Sound. Sweetwater Sound was started in 1996 out of the owner’s home. It is now one the United States’ largest dealers in musical equipment for musicians, recordings studios, schools, churches, concert sound companies and broadcasters. In 2006, Sweetwater moved to the 44 acre campus consisting of corporate offices, a distribution center, retail store, recording studio complex and performance theater.
To finish up the evening, we will bring back a favorite from past tours with Dinner on the Bridge. You will be treated to a catered dinner on one of the covered bridges not far from Auburn, IN. The hospitality room will be open Friday evening.
Saturday, June 3, 2017
Again we will meet and depart from LaQuinta Inn in Auburn, IN. Our first stop of the day will be in Angola, IN. This will be a quick stop at an area nursing home to say hello. We will travel on north to Coldwater, MI and the Little River Railroad. The Little River Railroad is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the restoration and operation of historic railroad equipment. Their mission is to keep steam locomotives alive for future generations. After lunch, we will make our way back to Angola, IN. We will tour Dry Dock Marine and their extensive wood boat restorations. Dinner will be catered at the hotel conference room. The conference room/hospitality room will remain open after 1dinner.
Sunday, June 4, 2017
Before you return home, join us for a catered breakfast in the hotel conference room.
June 9 -10, 2017
The West Coast Meet is moving back to California
Rooms have been reserved at the Inn at Morro Bay - Call 805-772-5651 for reservations
Join us for a tour to Hearst Castle on June 9th
Registration form Download Here
January 27-29, 2017
Join the KOOKs for the 2017 Annual Winter Meet
KOOKS - Kord Owners Of Kanada
A weekening in Historic Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
We invite you to join us over three spectacular days, Feburary 10,11, & 12, 2017, as we commemorate the 11th Annual Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance. With the attendance growing dramatically every year & raising more than ten million dollars for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County, the Boca Raton Concours d'Elegance is the fastest growing Concours in the nation and the world's largest for charity.
- Marque of the Year - Auburn, Cord, & Duesenberg
- 50th Anniversary Feature - 1967 Pony Cars: Barracuda, Camaro, Cougar, Firebird, & Mustang
- Display Class (not judged) - Vintage Professional Trucks, by Invitation Only
The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club has an open invitation to all of our members to attend this event with our ACD cars! The ACD Citrus Meet is being held in conjunction with the Concours d'Elegance.
** Please Note: for the Mar-A-Lago luncheon, the Attire is “Club”. Meaning men must wear jackets but no tie required and ladies should be dressed in Sundress, Slacks, etc. No denim. Also, what They would consider as Sunday’s best."
Hotel Accommodations available at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, 561-447-3584
Download the registration form here
Chief Honorary Judges
Automotive Lifetime Achievement Award Recipients
To Register your car visit us online or call today. BocaRatonConcours.com | 954-537-1010