• vicfreg
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
04 Aug 2023 00:34 #47513 by vicfreg
Replied by vicfreg on topic Schebler Model S Duplex Fuel Drip
Thanks Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
01 Aug 2023 02:00 #47494 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Schebler Model S Duplex Fuel Drip
The "O" ring I use on the bottom large float bowl nut on the inside is No. 118.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• vicfreg
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
24 Jul 2023 22:20 #47451 by vicfreg
Replied by vicfreg on topic Schebler Model S Duplex Fuel Drip
Thanks Mike, appreciate the information.!

Vic

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
23 Jul 2023 04:25 #47440 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Schebler Model S Duplex Fuel Drip
There is a large threaded bolt that holds the bowl in place. That bolt has gaskets that must be compressed inside the bowl to seal it. That is probably where the leak is coming from. The way to make a better seal is to use a viton "O" ring in the gaskets place. Float is adjusted with the carb. upside down from the carb. base to the top of the floot. "top of the float" is top with the carb right side up. Brass and cast iron bowls are the same.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• vicfreg
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Jul 2023 13:17 #47429 by vicfreg
Schebler Model S Duplex Fuel Drip was created by vicfreg
Have a 1929  8-90 that has a Schebler Duplex Updraft carburetor.  The carburetor is dripping fuel from the lower air intake elbow when the car is not running after it sits for a while.   This has not always been the case, so something has changed. Was wondering if anyone has lessons learned/experience with this type of issue.

An area of interest for the source of this leak is the needle and seat.  The carb has a Viton tipped needle and hard seat.  I was wondering if a bad float adjustment could be causing leak-by at the needle and seat, allowing fuel to drip through the jets that are in the air intake tube.   The Duplex on the car is the cast bowl type that has the removable needle and seat.  A related question is where exactly to measure the 23/64" float adjustment measurement from.  From reading the available literature, it appears that this measurement is take from the top of the float, to the underside of the carb body above the float.

As far as reference material goes, I have the typical Auburn and Dykes information for the Carb.  I would like to have a cut-away view of the inside of the carb.  The manuals have a cutaway of the brass bowl type.  I need a cutaway view of the cast bowl type.  I am interested to see if there is a transfer slot inside the carb that could be allowing fuel to travel into the air intake tube and drip down.  

Any other comments, suggestions, ideas are encouraged and welcome.

A call is always ok as well.

Vic Fregonese
email:  [email protected]
Ph:  704-662-5849