1936 Boat Tail Speedster

• Pacemaker@57
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
20 Oct 2023 14:04 #47855 by Pacemaker@57
Replied by Pacemaker@57 on topic 1936 Boat Tail Speedster
Thank you Jim. I appreciate the tips on how the navigate to the correct sections etc.
Have a good day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Oct 2023 01:23 #47852 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic 1936 Boat Tail Speedster
Hi Pacemaker, The ACD Club is a worldwide club. We do not have local chapters, however in many areas there are local groups that are very active, including Canada. In fact our current President lives in Canada.
Your post on the forum would be better under the "Second Generation and Replica" section. That area is dedicated to the various replicars where this area is dedicated to the original cars made by Auburn Automobile Company. It just makes things easier to find and keep the discussion together. No Problem starting here.

I would suggest joining the ACD Club. There are many benefits to membership including meets and technical help.

Best of luck with your new car. It looks great!
Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuburnNut

• Pacemaker@57
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
19 Oct 2023 14:04 #47847 by Pacemaker@57
Replied by Pacemaker@57 on topic 1936 Boat Tail Speedster
Thank you Curt.
I appreciate your help.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
19 Oct 2023 12:52 #47846 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic 1936 Boat Tail Speedster
Your car is a reproduction of a 1936 Auburn. There is a fellow in Kentucky name Mark Tyra that specializes in repo cars. He is in the ACD directory. Also Google
milestonemotorcars , it is Marks website.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• Pacemaker@57
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
19 Oct 2023 00:13 #47844 by Pacemaker@57
1936 Boat Tail Speedster was created by Pacemaker@57
Hello All;
As a new member to the forum I just wanted to say hello and give you some background on myself and my newest addition to my garage.
I just recently purchased a 1936 852 speedster and have been looking for information on the car. 
I believe it to be a Southeasten Car company unit from Florida, but not sure as there is very little information on the actual car other than the usual Auburn tags etc.
The serial number is 1701463515.
This car according to local history was purchased and built by a local hot rod / car restoration / painter body man in the late 70's early 80's.
It has a 351 Cleavland engine with a Ford C-6 automatic and 8-3/4 Ford differential all on a glistening painted and waxed tubular steel frame.
The car has being held in private collection for a long time and as of my purchase date approx 3 weeks ago it had a total of 973 mile on the odometer.
The car is absolutely mint condition and I am very happy with it.
I do look forward to listening and discussing items with all the members on here as I like to do lots of research on my cars.
By any chance is there a Canadian chapter of ACD or just this one worldwide?
Thank you for your time.
Best Regards.