Skip to main content

help needed identifying the manufacturer of a Auburn Boatail Speedster Replica

More
30 Nov 2023 19:21 #48039 by [email protected]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
29 Nov 2023 15:03 #48033 by Curt Schulze
Your car was NOT built by the ACD company. Contact Mark Tyra, he is in the ACD directory. He specializes in reproduction Auburn speedsters.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
29 Nov 2023 01:54 #48029 by 1748 S
My guess is the year it was registered is probably the same year the car was completed and roadable. So it was registered that year. This is a wild guess but something to investigate too. This ACD club does have plenty of information about the after market cars built. Sadly only about 6 to 8 % of out members actually use this web site. Personally I have found more information by using the FaceBook Auburn Cord Duesenberg forum. You simply sign up. The moderators look over your request and grant access....

Gary Parsons

More
28 Nov 2023 23:51 #48028 by [email protected]
 I am in the process of buying an Auburn Speedster Replica..
The information I was given by the seller (what he was told when he purchased the car) was it built by California Custom Coach,
The cowl Badge states Auburn Automobile Company-Auburn Indiana, The title has it as a 1985 model Auburn.
The engine (390), transmission was a Ford from 1961 to 1971.
I did not think California Custom Coach was building cars in 1985 and I cannot find any information on the Auburn Automobile Company.
The question is how can I find who  manufacturer was. the builder. and why the 1985 title date?
Thanks for any help
Steve Kring