Certification Question

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
11 Aug 2014 22:06 #27952 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Certification Question
Thank you Jim for the great explanation. Its beginning to make sence what I read here and other locations.
Also I just found the judging forum that seems well presented. I do have some original paint I purchased from Stan way back in 1975 or 76. Haven't actually seen the 3 gallons of it in years but hope to be using it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
11 Aug 2014 21:25 #27949 by
Replied by on topic Certification Question
Hi Gary,

Certification says the major components (engine, body, frame) of the car are correct parts for the make/model series. In the case of the 810/812 we consider that to be the same model series. Therefore it is OK per certification to swap engines between cars as long as they are the FB or FC engines. It is not OK to put in Oldsmobile engine for example.

Certification does not mean the car has the original components that came with the car (although it may), it means if the components were replaced they are of the correct type. It also does not mean you can reproduce or replicate a body, but the restoration of an original is OK.

For teh owner/buyer it means the car has the correct major components for that make/model series.

For the club it has provided an accurate record of the cars and has greatly enhanced our knowledge of the cars.

Jim

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
11 Aug 2014 17:26 #27945 by 1748 S
Certification Question was created by 1748 S
So what exactly does certification of a Cord mean. I have been reading here for some time and now completely confused. I understand judging and certification are two different things. Is certifying just a way to confirm that a car is what its supposed to me. Thanks for any information on this. Seems the more I know the less I know.. Steep learning curve..