Remember Me

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
18 Oct 2023 14:31 #47840 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Remember Me
Pat. I'm in no way making demands. I have been VERY patient asking for help and information about this problem as I see it.  Why we as a club are not asked what if anything needs to be changed or do we want a new web site is beyond me. We don't seem to be part of any changes. They are just done. I'm interested in change. But PLEASE tell me what they are and how to get help when needed. Ignoring me or others is NOT the way to run a volunteer club.  I "found" the work around because nobody offered help. I don't believe any member asked for the private messages to be done away with. But here we are. Being told to use our email is fine. But it sure would be nice to have a say in this. I am not the only club member with these issues. I'm here asking for help but most of all. I'm here showing others how to restore items some may have thought were not possible. I post pictures as I do the work I do.. I have been a member here on n off for nearly 50 years and have seen many changes in this time. Many members have sent me messages thanking me for the work I have done with all the pictures and explanations. In 2015 Randy Ema sent me a private message asking to come by my home shop to talk and see what I was doing. It took me some time before I wanted to answer this because I'm just a "little guy" restoring my car. We have become close friends since then. I really value his friendship. This club is a very fine club with so many helpful members.

Gary Parsons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pfree3233
  • Registered
More
18 Oct 2023 00:08 #47835 by pfree3233
Replied by pfree3233 on topic Remember Me
Gary, I'm not sure why the remember me is so critical that you have to send a post with demands, there is a work around plan, I use it everyday, every time I log on, it takes a couple extra keystrokes but it works every time. Your name and password is saved, you just have to click on it twice to get in. Not really a big deal. Try it, you will get used to it, in case it can't be fixed the way you like it. Way to many other things that are critical as compared to logging in. Wishing you the best. Pat

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
17 Oct 2023 23:17 #47834 by 1748 S

Today, 09/29/23 my REMEMBER ME is STILL not working. I'm told there is a problem and its being looked into. Please give me and others an update when it might be fixed.

Here it is today 10/17/23 and my REMEMBER ME still does NOT work.... When will I be told whats going on and when will I be told when this will be fixed..... Thanks for ANY KIND OF AN UPDATE....

Gary Parsons

Gary Parsons

More
30 Sep 2023 19:52 #47806 by C.R.D.
Replied by C.R.D. on topic Remember Me
I'm sure they are trying but like I said earlier they are volunteers and hopefully they will get it straightened out soon.
Have you tried when you go to the website instead of logging on go to the forum tab first? You still have to go through the process of logging in but it saves your screenname and password. Just go to the little icon top right click login and your password and screenname will pop up and one more click and your at the forum. The remember me doesn't really work there either but it saves reentering all your information every time.
Hope that makes it more tolerable for you.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
30 Sep 2023 14:37 #47805 by 1748 S
As a matter of fact... Yes it is a problem for me to completely sign in every time. I'm online here more than 10 times EVERY DAY checking if I can help someone or gleem something new from others. This web site goes thru changes from time to time. Sadly nobody cares to ask the members what WE WANT. I like many others are not pleased loosing the private messaging option we had. Another issue I read about is there are no dates to postings. I was reading some posts and thought I was hacked because my sign on name was used for several answers. Turns out the hacked answers were me from as far back as 2015.  Because I'm online so many times EVERY day I see lots of spam or hacked sites trying to get us, the members to go over to other sites in hopes we may buy something of pick up a virus. I asked Tom Lee if I could gain the ability to rid our web site from this constant hack  attack.... Not one answer. I'm disappointed. A simple thanks but we have this or no. Its not possible for as REASON...Volunteer's... Fine.... But communicate with us.. The members that pay for the site. My question stands. When will this problem be fixed. I'm always here trying to help in one way or another.

Gary Parsons

More
30 Sep 2023 02:57 #47804 by C.R.D.
Replied by C.R.D. on topic Remember Me
The club is run by volunteers and I'm sure everyone involved is trying to correct the problem. I'm sure they would appreciate any helpful suggestions if you have any to offer.
At least the site remembers your screenname and password. Is it that challenging to sign in every time?

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
29 Sep 2023 16:18 #47803 by 1748 S
Remember Me was created by 1748 S
Today, 09/29/23 my REMEMBER ME is STILL not working. I'm told there is a problem and its being looked into. Please give me and others an update when it might be fixed.

Gary Parsons