Skip to main content

28-30 Door Lock Cylinders

• curt
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
04 Feb 2011 02:27 #19146 by curt
28-30 Door Lock Cylinders was created by curt
As I like to drive my car, I felt it rather important to be able to secure the vehicle. As it is, unfortunately, illegal to carry a concealed weapon and shoot people who have the audacity to mess with things that aren't their's, the next best option was to get working door lock cylinders. I contacted everyone I could find that dealt in vintage door locks (thanks to those that contacted me on my original post) with no luck. I determined that the L-29 and Dodge, and probably others, used the same handle but with a different ornamental cover. Digging further, I found that many others used a lock of the same basic dimensions, but of a little bit different configuration on the tailpiece. Most notable in this search was the fact that the 28-30 Model A ford used a cylinder that will interchange with the Auburn! The trick is to find ORIGINAL Model A Ford handles with a cylinder that is not frozen into the handle. They are out there at swap meets-- maybe 1 in 20 that you find. I also found a Model A guy in Arizona that sells NOS Hudson cylinders that interchange perfectly with both the Model A and the 28-30 Auburn. If someone needs the name, let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.