Skip to main content

motor number and diminutions, factory manual

• illagirb
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
03 May 2011 00:27 #19985 by illagirb
Replied by illagirb on topic motor number and diminutions, factory manual
Thanks, My floors are long gone, but what looks like the casting date on the engine is B11. Would this be Feb. 1st 1931. That would make it a 31 engine Unless it sat around for 6 months.

Dean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2011 12:43 #19980 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic motor number and diminutions, factory manual
Dean:
I forgot to mention one thing. Pull up the floor covering on the front passenger side floorboard, just inside the door sill molding, and you should find two metal plates attached to the wood floor. One will give the body number and the other will give the serial number and the original engine number for the car. If that engine number matches, then you still have the original block in the car. If not, the block has been replaced.
Steve Stevens

• Justin Kerns
  • Registered
More
02 May 2011 04:22 #19977 by Justin Kerns
Replied by Justin Kerns on topic motor number and diminutions, factory manual
Dean,

You can obtain a reprint of the factory service manual directly from the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum. Here is a link:

store.automobilemuseum.org/brows ... 4,168.html

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan
1933 Auburn 12-161A Sedan

More
02 May 2011 03:58 #19976 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic motor number and diminutions, factory manual
Hello Dean:
Your engine is a 1932 Auburn eight. That engine should have a Schebler TX updraft carburetor. Reprints of the factory service manual and owner's manual are available on ebay from time to time. The service manual for the 1931 8-98 model applies to the 1932 model also. Reprints of the 1932 Auburn parts manual are available also and give diagrams as well as part numbers.

As for the parts that you need, some of the other club members may be able to help you.

Good luck with your project,
Steve Stevens

• illagirb
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
02 May 2011 00:24 #19970 by illagirb
Hi
I am restoring 1932 Auburn 8-100. It was hit in the back and has been sitting outside for many years.
First I was trying to find out if I have the original engine. The Motor number is GU41003.
Second are there any reproduction factory manuals?
Third I could use some body diminutions since allot of the rear body has been destroyed .Are there any diminutions available.
Thanks

Dean