Skip to main content

schebler carb

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
29 Sep 2011 03:53 #21099 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic schebler carb
Hi Neil, There are no gaskets in the areas you mentioned. A viton 'O' ring works well to seal between the float bowl and the carb base where the large nut attaches the bowl. Your carb. is lean if the chock has to be out to run. Here are a couple things to check. The floot should be adjusted with the carb upside down with the distance between the floot and the base of the carb. at 13/32". The tubes that are being adjusted when you adjust the idle should protrude out the bottom of the carb. .185. That is the point I start with and it is usually pretty close. The idle adjusting knobs should be turned as if the knob goes all the way to the other side of the carb. Other wise if you turn the outside knob clock wise you will have to turn the inner knob counterclock wise to make the same adjustment on the inner. I hope this helps some.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• neilhorvick
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
29 Sep 2011 00:12 #21095 by neilhorvick
schebler carb was created by neilhorvick
Hoping to get a couple questions answered. I took my 29 auburn to a local ignition guy that's been working on carbs for 40 years. He has the car running nicely, but asked me to inquire about a couple things. When he took the carb apart, he thought there would be gaskets in all areas where metal contacts metal. but that's not the case. No leaks but are there gaskets missing
The car idles nicely, but if the choke is pushed in all the way it stalls. Not affecting the way it runs but it bothers my carb expert that the manual choke knob sticks out over an inch from its closed position. thanks in advance for your help.
Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.