Startix adjustment question

• oldbanger71
  • Registered
More
07 Dec 2010 08:55 #18681 by oldbanger71
Replied by oldbanger71 on topic Startix adjustment question
Curt Schulze used to repair them

forums.phpstack-1081784-3880776.cloudwaysapps.com/phpbb2/profil ... ofile&u=64

The more i know, the more i realize that i don't know enough.
812 310 121 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
07 Dec 2010 02:15 #18676 by Mike Markin
Replied by Mike Markin on topic Startix adjustment question
Thanks, Philipp,
I opened mine up and it looks the same. I did recieve an article that explained how to bench test the unit. I did and it din't pass. So, do you have any idea who I can send this to to repair? Thanks

Mike

• oldbanger71
  • Registered
More
26 Nov 2010 23:53 #18540 by oldbanger71
Replied by oldbanger71 on topic Startix adjustment question
This is what the Startix looks like from inside. i can not answer your question but may be this helps to understand.......

The more i know, the more i realize that i don't know enough.
812 310 121 S

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 Nov 2010 18:52 #18537 by Mike Markin
Startix adjustment question was created by Mike Markin
It's me again looking for some advice. Its taken a while but I finally got my generator working and so now I am trying to adjust my Startix and things seem backwards to me.

The Startix unit was rebuilt before I bought it and never used to the best of my understanding.

I am using the Startix Technical Manual from the ACD museum. In there Service bulletin #10 spells out how to adjust the unit on the second page.

Step 1. I did step 1 and turned the adjusting screw until there was an interruption. The manual said I would have to turn the screw to the LEFT to stop the cranking. I had to turn mine to the RIGHT. Nevertheless, I found the spot where it was interrupted and marked it on a piece of tape.

Step 2 tells me to reconnect the ignition coil wire and remove the Gen wire, which I did. Instructions tell me to turn the screw to the RIGHT (inward) causing continual spinning. When I turn mine right it stays interrupted. When I turn mine to the LEFT it causes continual spinning??? I then turn it Right (not left as in the Manual) and the spinning slows to a stop. However, the manual states that I should hear "click", which indicates the opening of the starting switch at which time the starting motor will begin to slow down. I do NOT hear a click at all, no matter how slow I turn the screw.

Now, what I have is a point where the unit will start the car and the starter will run-on. I also have a point where the run-on will cease but the unit will not re-start the car unless I adjust the screw slightly and the car starts, but the starter runs on. I seem to have no "in-between".

The unit is grounded well. The Startix unit produces a series of clicks going through its cycle when I disconnect the starter itself and turn on the ignition switch.

Any idea what may be happening and why my adjustments are in reverse?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.