Skip to main content

1937 cord at dickensheet auction $150K

• alsancle
  • Away
  • Registered
More
31 Jan 2011 14:52 #19131 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic 1937 cord at dickensheet auction $150K

ilikescars wrote: The 36 Auburn S/C cabriolet was a pretty good deal. That supercharger looked cherry.

Mark

Agreed, not a bad price at all considering I sold my complete supercharged engine for not much less then that. Problem is always the restoration where often getting the car for free is not cheap enough!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Justin Kerns
  • Registered
More
31 Jan 2011 03:05 #19127 by Justin Kerns
Replied by Justin Kerns on topic 1937 cord at dickensheet auction $150K
There were actually 2 superchargers with that car, although the second was incomplete. So 1.5 superchargers would be more accurate.

The story on that car is that it sat outside under a lean-to for 18 years until Merriman bought it a few years ago. Prior to that it was in much better shape. Sad to think there are ACD cars still out there in the elements but of course it is true.

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan
1933 Auburn 12-161A Sedan

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
31 Jan 2011 02:29 #19126 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic 1937 cord at dickensheet auction $150K
The 36 Auburn S/C cabriolet was a pretty good deal. That supercharger looked cherry.

Mark

• Justin Kerns
  • Registered
More
30 Jan 2011 17:22 #19119 by Justin Kerns
Replied by Justin Kerns on topic 1937 cord at dickensheet auction $150K
I was at this sale and I would say there were no bargains. That having been said there were some fair deals. It was a bit of a mess the way they divided the parts for the cars. The auctioneers and Marshalls had no idea what went with what car aside from the few boxes that were labeled. Throughout the course of the past week and a half myself and several other local ACD folks went there to try to help them get it straight but even so there were lots of tubs of parts they would not let anyone look in. I've never been to a US Marshall liquidation before and there were a few odd policies to be sure. The buyers of the ACD cars made an effort to identify each other so that parts could be exchanged as they unpacked everything. That was a very wise move!

The Cord was purchased on behalf of a local Cord fan and he is thrilled with it. He will certainly have its full value in the complete car but he is not planning to flip it. He plans to keep it for a long time and bring it to Auburn for all to enjoy. I gave him a heartfelt congratulations and look forward to seeing it finished!

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan
1933 Auburn 12-161A Sedan

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
30 Jan 2011 17:16 #19118 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic 1937 cord at dickensheet auction $150K
Maybe not, but it sure will look hot with those wire wheels shown in the catalog photos.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• alsancle
  • Away
  • Registered
More
30 Jan 2011 01:16 #19117 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic 1937 cord at dickensheet auction $150K
That is not a bargain.

• charlesflick
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
29 Jan 2011 22:22 #19116 by charlesflick
1937 cord at dickensheet auction $150K was created by charlesflick
www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp ... sort=0#Top

Lot # 1068
1937 Cord Convertible 812, V-1723 supercharger, blue in color, drive train rebuilt by Henry Portz, c

1937 Cord Convertible 812, V-1723 supercharger, blue in color, drive train rebuilt by Henry Portz, currently disassembled, car in stages of frame off restoration, white wall tires with blue wheels, majority of parts for this vehicle have been restored and ready for final assembly! Please utilize inspection time periods to review the vehicle and parts prior to bidding. Thank you! (AUCTIONEER DOES NOT PROVIDE PACKING OR SHIPPING)

Charles Flick